Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III

tGoogleDriveList - googledrive cannot be resolved to a variable

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Talend Open Studio for Data Integration to version 7.0.1, however the next error occured. This time it is really strange since (almost) the same settings for the component tGoogleDriveList in Talend Open Studio 6.5.1 were working as expected. I attached a screenshot of the error message.

Component in Talend 6.5.1:

tGoogleDriveList Talend 6.5.1.PNG

Same Component in Talend 7.0.1 (new is the Access Method but that shouldn't have any impact):

tGoogleDriveList Talend 7.0.1.PNG

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please check your "Code" tab in your job to see if there will be your compile error highlighted in red line? All required modules are installed for tGoogleDriveList component in V 7.0.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I had a look into the Code tab, the reason was the DataStore Path set in "Advanced Settings", I just removed the path there since I don't know what should it used for and your documentation (https://help.talend.com/reader/Ovc10QFckCdvYbzxTECexA/9Fm1L74dgBX56x2I9OZTFg) isn't updated yet for all GoogleDrive components.

Unfortunately the next error occurs and the component gives a warning that it couldn't find the specified folder name, this happens only if you choose the Access Method "by Name" ("by ID" is working properly), however we need to use this and not "by ID". In Talend 6.5 the same specified folder name still return results.

Best,

Kai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kai,

We see that you are using a global variable in folder name field of tGoogleDriveList component.

Where is your global variable from? We will appreciate it a lot if you could post your whole job design screenshots on forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue in a quick way.

Best regards

Sabrina

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I tried it already without any global variable (screenshot from Talend 7.0.1):

0683p000009M0Uy.png

Thats the warning I got in the execution log:

0683p000009M0bZ.png

In Talend 6.5.1 it is working properly:

0683p000009M0be.png

I also tried the Access Method "by ID" combined with the ID of the folder (string from the google link) set in the field "Folder Name" in Talend 7.0.1 and it worked well:

0683p000009M0aw.png

The rest of my job design doesn't matter for this case since it is working as expected and the only thing I change is the Access Method and the field "Folder Name".

Best,
Kai

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@xdshi

Do you have any update for me on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Kai

Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does this file belong to you, or is it shared from another user? Also, is it within your own drive, or a 'team drive'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you getting the error in tGoogleDriveList component for only those jobs which were migrated from 6.5 or are you getting the same error even if you are creating a brand new job within version 7 of Talend?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

this error occurs for brand new jobs in Talend 7.0.1 as well. So tGoogleDriveList works well if you are using the Access Method "by Id" and enter the ID of the folder in the field "Folder Name". But the Access Method "Folder Name" doesn't work for the same folder if you enter the exact folder name in the field "Folder Name".

This is obviously a bug in Talend.

Best,

Kai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kai,

Could you please report this issue in Talend JIRA so that they can help you?

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi