Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor

tHMap date format for JSON

Hello everyone,

I am using a tHMap to create a JSON object for a webservice. The webservice requires the following date format:

yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'

I cannot find this specific date format in the Date Formats of the structure. I neither could find a way to define a custom date format. Thus, I am using "Default" as date format at the moment and defined the desired format in the Talend Data Integration schema, which is used as the input for the tHMap. As a result I get the following date format:

yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS

Hence, my question: How can the date format of the tHMap JSON output be changed or customized?

Regards,

Tobi

Labels (3)
4 Replies
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

in tMap you can try this 

0683p000009LyiN.png

Regards,

Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi vboppudi,

thank you for your input. I know how to do it in a tMap, this would be my workaround: Transforming the dates to a string and passing it to the tHMap as string. But from my point of view this is only a workaround and not an ideal solution, as I always have to do a null-safe explicit transformation instead of passing the values through.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to resolve this? Can you help me?

Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi varmav2,

we followed the suggested way in a tMap. Not the solution we wished for, but we are doing fine with it. We wrote a custom routine "getDateTimeString" and "getDateString", which returns the date null-safe in the desired string format. I suppose there is no better solution to this. Definitely not in the tHMap, we only use it for 1:1 document transformation (Talend > JSON, JSON > Talend, XML > Talend, etc.) without any field operations.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tobias