Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishu1
Contributor III
Contributor III

tImpalaRow component not failing on query failure

Hi,

I am using tImpalaRow component to insert data in a table on its logs I am getting the error/exception printed but the component doesn't fail and execution continue with the next component in the flow.

I have used OnSubJobOK on the tImpalaRow component. On console getting below exception but component did not failed.

Exception in the component tImpalaRow_2:ParseException: Syntax error in line 1:

...value1,INTERVAL,insert_date FROM customers....

^

Encountered: COMMA

Expected: CASE, CAST, DEFAULT, EXISTS, FALSE, IF, INTERVAL, LEFT, NOT, NULL, REPLACE, RIGHT, TRUNCATE, TRUE, IDENTIFIER

CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please save your job firstly and re-open it to see if there is any error red X mark in tImpalaRow component?

Please also check your "Code" tab in your job to see if there will be your compile error highlighted in red line.

Best regards

Sabrina

Vishu1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

There is no error. Actually jobs are running fine. but in case of any error related to impala query then it is not failing that impala component. like in above example impala query failed at 'Interval' keyword but control flows to next component where i use onComponentOk ideally it should execute onComponentError

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

OnComponentOK will only trigger the target component once the execution of the source component is complete without error. Its main use could be to trigger a notification subJob for example.

OnComponentError will trigger the subJob or component as soon as an error is encountered in the primary Job.

Here is related reference: TalendHelpCenter: Connection types

Best regards

Sabrina