Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msminek
Creator
Creator

tRESTClient with JDK11 causes NoClassDefFoundError exception in TOS DI 7.3.1

When I try to run the job with tRESTClient in TOS DI 7.3.1,  I get this exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
 at tr_trestclient.restclient_test02_0_1.RestClient_TEST02.tRESTClient_1Process(RestClient_TEST02.java:1197)
 at tr_trestclient.restclient_test02_0_1.RestClient_TEST02.runJobInTOS(RestClient_TEST02.java:1829)
 at tr_trestclient.restclient_test02_0_1.RestClient_TEST02.main(RestClient_TEST02.java:1660)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
 at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
 at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
 at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
 ... 3 more

This phenomenon reproduce with Talend Studio 7.3.1 also.

Enviroment
TOS_DI-20200219_1130-V7.3.1
openjdk version "11.0.7" 2020-04-14 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.39+15-CA (build 11.0.7+10-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu11.39+15-CA (build 11.0.7+10-LTS, mixed mode)

Causes
JAXB is not bundled with JDK version 9 or later.

Workaround
Load libraries jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar, jaxb-impl-2.2.6-modified.jar with tLibraryLoad.

Labels (3)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sm, Great! Thanks for sharing the solution to community!

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sm, Great! Thanks for sharing the solution to community!

Regards
Shong
sezgin
Contributor II
Contributor II

My Solution is Load 2 lib wit tLibraryLoad before start Talend. jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar and jaxb-impl-2-2.3.1.jar.

0693p000009rIl9AAE.png

ossamaahmed59
Contributor
Contributor

0695b00000Ec0Y0AAJ.pngif someone could help as i am facing this issue still and i can't find the jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar

and i tried installing it manually but it's telling me that it's already added

I'm using talend v7.3.1

and java version is JDK 11.0.11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Download the version of jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar from this page and load it using tLibraryLoad in the job.

Can you try?

Regards

Shong

ossamaahmed59
Contributor
Contributor

thank you this worked for me

VinceHff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I'm very new using Talend Open Studio and don't know how to set up tLibraryLoad to load jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar. I set up basic setting but don't know how to fill in advanced settings.

Could you help me ?

TOS_DI-20200219_1130-V7.3.1

zulu11.50.19-ca-jdk11.0.12-win_x64

Thanks a lot

Vincent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vincent Hénaff​, select 'install a new module' in the basic setting panel and browse the jar file from your local system, you don't need to configure the advanced settings.

VinceHff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shong,

Thanks for your answer. I can't validate the selection of the module, indeed I have a message telling me "This module already installed with the selected maven URI, please set another custom URI". I guess my problem connecting the API is not due to these module...

I'll keep on searching !

Have a good day