Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFryk
Contributor
Contributor

tRestClient now returns blank result

I went to adjust a mapped field and in testing found that my tRestClient is now after several months returning a blank result. I verified that the identical call returns data in Postman. The only changed that has occurred in this time is my version from 7.x.x to 8.0.1.

Has anyone else seen this and discovered how to get the response again?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

With limited information, it's hard for me to tell what the reason is. I would suggest you to do:

1. ​Compare the difference in the property settings of tRestClient component in different versions.
  2. Create a new job in v8.0.1 to check if it has data in response.

If you are using Talend enterprise subscription products, you can contact Talend Support team, They will be able to hold a Zoom meeting with you and take a look at your config to see how best to resolve this.

Regards

Shong

JFryk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I created a new job.

My first attempt was using tRestClient, I got a repsonse of 200|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I then using tHttpRequest and checked response content to file and I get results in the file.

Am I using the wrong components to pull the data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Julia Fryk​ it looks strange! Does the document column of tRestClient's response only contain this line?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

JFryk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nope, the document contains data, it is only when I use tRestClient that I can a blank response or 200|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> depending on what I set the HTTP method to.

Thanks for all your input!