Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n999
Contributor II
Contributor II

tSAPIDocReceiver Best practise

Hi

I'm following these instructions https://help.talend.com/reader/KxVIhxtXBBFymmkkWJ~O4Q/EkhB6yygX9efCBXfoy4KhQ and all works as expected.

However I'm wondering the best way to use this in production and in a Route?

tSAPIDocReceiver is a DI component so it would have to be called by a cTalendJob component. However, to do this I would need to have a tRouteInput before the tSAPIDocReceiver and the studio would not allow this.

If tSAPIDocReceiver can not be incorporated into a route then I guess you keep it in a DI job and run from the TAC in the usual way?

What seems a bit odd is that the tSAPIDocReceiver has 2 modes. Keep running forever or Batch. 

Can you run a DI job for ever? Is this a way of making a DI job into a always listening route? And there are any issues with this or should I just go ahead and do it?

Thanks for any advice

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
I have forwarded your question to our developers, they will take a look at it and update to you if they has an answer.

Regards
Shong
n999
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello

Was wondering if there has been an update on this?

Still wondering how to use a tSAPIDocReceiver in a route?

Is there a way to call the DI job it is in from a route?

Cheers

n

n999
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just for completeness.

So the RFC Server has an embedded AMQ instance that it starts. The RFC Server sends SAP iDocs to the AMQ (Topic or Queue depending on RFC config) and then the tSAPIDocReceiver can be used in a DI job to consume the iDoc AMQ messages.

Seeing this is just an AMQ queue or topic, you can consume iDocs in a Route by using the standard cJMS component. In fact there seems no benefit to using the tSAPIDocReceiver so not sure why that is first (only!) choice in the talend docs. 

You can also configure the RFC Server (at least in 6.4.1 onwards) to use a remote AMQ, instead of starting up teh embedded AMQ,  which gives you full visibility of the iDoc AMQ messages.

I send to a queue and the RFC server creates a queue called "TALEND.IDOCS.[your iDoc name]"