Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tSSH component is not ending and keeps on running when executing parallely running scripts with the help of '&'

i m using tSSH component and calling a shell script and in that script we have multiple hive commands and we are running all those in parallel using & and thats causing issue and the result is coming in the backend but still the tSSH component is running in the TAC .

But in the backend the hive scripts data is getting generated . and if the same script i m running from Backend its coming out of the shell, but talend job keeps on running while in logs its shows it has connected to the server and called tSSH component and its getting stuck at that point and jobs keeps on  running

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

The issue was that we had almost 500 lines of Hive scripts and some Impala queries , and we were executing it thorugh 1 tSSH component , hence due to more number of hive queries getting executed from 1 tSSH component this was getting stuck while execution

To resolve this issue we bifurcated the script into two equal parts and then used 2 tSSH component to call both the scripts instead of 1 tSSH component calling huge number of Hive scripts , and now its working as expected and not getting stuck.

Thanks,

Syed

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you running multi commands with one tSSH component? A screenshot of your tSSH component setting will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes i am executing multiple hive scripts parallely like

Hive -e "select *from a;" &
Hive - e "select * from b;" &

The queries i m executing are bit complex hive queries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

The issue was that we had almost 500 lines of Hive scripts and some Impala queries , and we were executing it thorugh 1 tSSH component , hence due to more number of hive queries getting executed from 1 tSSH component this was getting stuck while execution

To resolve this issue we bifurcated the script into two equal parts and then used 2 tSSH component to call both the scripts instead of 1 tSSH component calling huge number of Hive scripts , and now its working as expected and not getting stuck.

Thanks,

Syed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Syed,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina