Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EHui
Contributor
Contributor

tSalesforceInput not pulling all the data

A little bit of the background, we are trying to setup an ODS. That means we are pulling data from Salesforce to a SQL server. It is a daily job performed on TAC.

It was running fine for a while, until an user told us that the data count was not match. So we did a little bit of research. Later on we found out that when we perform a full extract which means pulling 34mil of records. Only 24mil of records were managed to get into our SQL server.

As we investigated a little bit further, we found that the tSalesforceInput is not getting all data from the bulk job. As we compare the Number of lines from tSalesforceInput and the number of records on Bulk Job log. The counts drops from 34mil to 24mil which matches the phenomena above. 

We have another further investigation, and found out that there is a field on SF that is free text and can contain up to 130k characters. And if we remove that field from the job, it works properly. So we have the conclusion that when the data exceed a certain amount, tSalesforceInput cannot fetch all the data from bulk API.

So, the question here is, has anyone also experience this before?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It sounds like a bug, which object are you reading? Is it a standard object or a custom object?​ Can you share a simple job that helps us reproduce the issue? Thanks!

Regards

Shong

EHui
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong, thank you for replying. It's a standard object with custom fields. I have found that it happens to Contact and ContentVersion. The common between these two objects were having field that can contain more than 100k characters, and retrieving more than 20mils of records. We use tSalesforceConnection to connect SalesForce and retrieve data with tSalesforceInput. Sorry that I can't create a job without leaking sensitive information. But I hope the information given here would help reproduce the issue.