Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ritz05
Contributor
Contributor

tSendMail component attachment size Issue

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue related to attachment file while using tSendMail in the job.the file which I am attaching in tSendMail component of size 9KB. when I am running job and getting mail notification there I am getting attachment in the mail with reduced size like 5KB.

the content of file of the mail is incomplete not as complete as actual file.

please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Rita

Labels (2)
6 Replies
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Rita,

The attachment size should not be a problem... not with a size like that anyway.

Can you give us the error message you're getting?

Thanks,

Rui

Ritz05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the response.

Well the error is resolved now. In job we are using a function to log message in a file on "On component ok" trigger on few components. the tSendMail component is being called somewhere in the middle of the flow. so whatever was written in the file before calling tsendmail can be seen in the file.

To resolve this now I am using tSendMail component in the end of the job to get complete content in the file.

I am facing one more issue now and looking for resolution from long time. If you can help here.

Thorough the API call to update the version of the artifact for a talend task using tRest component.

I am getting below error although I am passing correct values in all parameter in the body of tRest component.

Response :{   

"status":400,   

"message":"step: <artifact_name> - no connection configured",

"requestId":"<request_id>"}

0695b00000rSE4tAAG.pngThanks,

Ritz

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ritz,

400 code means bad request.

Is there a way you can test the url on Postman, just to make sure the url works?

Ritz05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I tested url on Postman. It is giving same error message.

Response :{   

"status":400,   

"message":"step: <artifact_name> - no connection configured",

"requestId":"<request_id>"}

Thanks,

Rita

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Hi there.

That means that the problem is not in your Job but with the configuration of the URL and its parameters.

Do you have access to the API documentation, just to double-check the settings?

I'd like to suggest trying tRestClient component instead of tRest.

First, create 2 different variables: the first variable (Var1) with only the token itself and the second variable (Var2) with the text "Bearer {your_token}".

Then, when configuring the tRestClient component do the following:

• On the "basic" tab configure "OAuth2 Bearer" as the authentication type and use Var1

• On the "advanced" tab configure the "Authorization" header and use Var2.

Rui

Ritz05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rui,

in  tRestClient component where should I provide Http Body content which I provided in tREST component?

Thanks,

Rita