Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

tSortRow and external jar

Hello Community,

after upgrading the Studio to R2024-05, I was working on a job and placing the tSortRow component into the job. Now the component view displays a message saying that this component requires an external jar ("external_sort-1.1.jar") to be installed. Has anyone seen this too? Is this new and by design or a bug? Does tSortRow really require a jar file called "external_sort" now?

Best regards,

Thomas

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

The installation of patch R2024-05 is complete and all is fine? It looks Studio is not able to resolve the jars and raise error jar missing issue.

Are you able to see it under .m2/repository? Could you please click on Download and install the jar?

What about access to the talend-update.talend.com website? Are you able to get to the below website?

https://talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/external_...

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hello

Open the component basic setting panel, if this jar is required to install, it will prompt on the first line. Click Install... to install these required jar files.

Regards

Shicong

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

The installation of patch R2024-05 is complete and all is fine? It looks Studio is not able to resolve the jars and raise error jar missing issue.

Are you able to see it under .m2/repository? Could you please click on Download and install the jar?

What about access to the talend-update.talend.com website? Are you able to get to the below website?

https://talend-update.talend.com/nexus/content/repositories/libraries/org/talend/libraries/external_...

Best regards

Sabrina

ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The reportedly missing jar installed without error and it works fine. I was just wondering why this component, which did not previously require an external jar, now did so.

Thanks for the replys.

Thomas

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

We understood your concern. I'm supposing that jar was present maybe in 7.3 by default but not anymore in 8.0, and need to be downloaded due to we were always trying to minimize the size of studio. (and patches). I will check it with our R&D team to get more confirmation for that and will keep you posted.

Best regards

Sabrina