Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tSplitrow component loses all mapping every time after reopening job

Hi Team,
I am using tSplitrow and every time when I reopen the job the component loses all the mapping provided in it
I strongly believe its a bug, if not then pls let me know what I need to do, to have the mappings permanently.
Pls have look at images attached.
Thanks in advance,
Navali.
Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Which OS? Which version?
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I have Windows 7 OS and using Talend 5.1.1(r84309) Cluster edition.
Thanks,
Navali.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Navali
I am trying to reproduce this issue on Windows 7 with v5.1.1. In the mean time, I have a question, I see you configure the columns mapping in a component called tSplitRow_4, but you show me a component called tSplitRow_2 in your third picture. Can you please check it?

Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
Both tSplitRow_2 and tSplitRow_4 are the components of same job and both have same problem.
Thanks,
navali.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Navali
I find a related issued in our bugtracker
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-8504
But I don't reproduce the problem on Windows 7 64 bit with v5.1.1.
Have you tried to re-start Talend Studio? If the problem always exist, can you please export your job and send it to me via email?
Thank you!
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I have sent you my job via mail, kindly check.
Thanks,
navali
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I have imported your job into my studio on 64bit windows 7, and then try to modify the column mapping, save it, close the job and reopen it again, but it works fine, don't lose the column mapping. I don't have a 32bit widows7 machine for testing now yet. Well, can you please try the following ways and see if the problem still exist,
1. Add a tLogRow component after tSplitRow.
2. Install a new Talend Studio and test it.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
As suggested by you, I have done both the changes but sadly issue still exists.
Pls restart your Talend studio and check for some more times, I am pretty sure you will be able to reproduce the issue.
if possible pls check with Windows7 on 32 bit machine.

Thanks in advance,
Navali.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Navali
It is really a bad news.;( do you always get the same problem even though you create a new job? Do you have a chance to migrate your job to another system and test it? I tested it on a 64-bit windows7 and it works, I don't have a 32-bit windows7 machine for testing now yet.
Shong