Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajj114
Contributor
Contributor

tTeradataTPTExec - issues while executing the job in parallel with another job also using tTeradataTPTExec

Hi,

I am using tTeradataTPTExec in multiple jobs, but the jobs terminate in error if they are running simultaneoulsy as one of the jobs start processing other flow's file as can be seen in log of Error file. Do we need to pass some additional parameters for Script or Load in Advanced Settings ? Or is this component faulty ?

However, there is no problem if the jobs are run in sequence.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you able to the parallelism when you are doing the process outside of Talend? From Teradata forums, I could see that the issue exists even if you are running TPT outside of Talend. Please refer the below forum for details.

https://community.teradata.com/t5/Tools-Utilities/Executing-multiple-TPT-scripts-simultaneously-will...

I would suggest to talk to your Teradata DBA for getting optimal solutions by setting up appropriate configurations. Then test it first outside of Talend to make sure that your TPT part is working. Then replicate the same settings within TPT component.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

ajj114
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for you reply.

I see that we can execute multiple TPT jobs in parallel outside of Talend passing some additional parameters as part of tbuild command  in the link you shared.

But in case of component in Talend, how do we pass these tbuild jobname parameters.

Can you please share some examples showing parallel execution of TPT with passing these parameters.

Thanks