Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartikdharia
Contributor
Contributor

tteradata input Truncation Error

Hi

While reading data from tteradatainput ,I am getting the below error.

If i read 100 records then it works fine, it fails for around 90k records. Any help?

Starting job TestTrunc at 16:16 01/06/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3804
[statistics] connected
2018-06-01 16:16:20|I6cAJs|I6cAJs|I6cAJs|11928|MSA|TestTrunc|_iiip8GXvEei_spld3uFkiw|0.1|Default||begin||
2018-06-01.16:16:24.189 TERAJDBC4 ERROR [main] com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection@3532ec19 Read message 1: Bad response message header with invalid message length of 6362648 bytes2018-06-01.16:16:24.357 TERAJDBC4 ERROR [main] com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection@3532ec19 Read message 1 failed; closing socket due to: java.io.IOException: Bad response message header with invalid message length of 6362648 bytes2018-06-01.16:16:24.414 TERAJDBC4 ERROR [main] com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection@3532ec19 Pac

To see the whole post, download it here
Labels (5)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your Teradata version? Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

kartikdharia
Contributor
Contributor
Author

You mean the Teradata Driver ? It is 15.10 ([Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.33])

I am not sure on how to check the enterprise Teradata version. 

I am using Talend Real time big data platform 6.4.1

VK2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Can you tell me the resolution for this issue, if it is fixed.

we are now migrating the Teradata 15 version to 16 version, unfortunately facing similar issue in Talend 6.4.1

I have performed below once to fix the issue, but issue is re-occurring again,

1. Removed the jars of older version in talend studio/workplace from the  lib/java folders and placed new Teradata 16 version --> didn't worked.

2. Used tLibraryLoad component in Talend studio 6.4.1 to load the latest version --> Didn't worked.

3. I have manually edited the .java file for all the tTeradata components and started the Talend studio, then at runtime the job it asked for a new version jar.

for once it worked, but after restarting the studio again the version is showing as 15 only.

every day, we cannot go and edit the .java file right.

So, I would like to have a permanent solution for this.

After importing the new Teradata version also, it is showing again the older version after restarting or re-opening the Talend studio, so is it a bug of Talend studio 6.4 or am I missing anything.

Kindly provide any other suggestions for this issue.

Best Regards,

Meena P.

kartikdharia
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please also delete the files from the Nexus repository

srsunnys1
Contributor
Contributor

How did you remove files from nexus repository ? I am facing the exact same problem as Meena mentioned.