Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can not create post

I am trying to create a post in the Development forum but it keeps on saying it can not create the post, and I have to try again. There is no javascript error, so WFT. (especially if you read this post)

Labels (3)
18 Replies
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The exact error message in the other window is: "Failed to create Post. Please try again!!"

(And I did try 10 times, in 2 different windows.)

reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

As a bonus: I can not even create the post in the 'Installing and Upgrading' forum, which is where I posted this item. The text I am trying to post is:

I would like to access the Metadata in code, more specifically, I would like to access the comments of the columns in the Table Schemas (so I can push those comments into oracle like

COMMENT ON COLUMN employees.job_id

IS 'abbreviated job title';

Would anyone have a code-sample of that?

(I had wanted to post in the Design & Development forum, but I got an error posting there: https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D53p000083EqVXCA0 )

reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

And the title is: Iterating over Table Schemas metadata in Java

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have already seen your current topic in the installing and upgrading board on community. Could you please re-check it? Is there any issue for your network?

It is OK with us to create a new topic both in installing and upgrading, Design and Development boards.

Best regards

Sabrina

reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I managed to save the post. What I did is the following:

In the original post, I copied a snippet from the Oracle website (the SQL bit, ON COMMENT etc.). Before resubmitting, I cut those 2 lines from the post, pasted them in my text editor, and then copied and pasted them back. If there was a hidden character in the buffer, that was removed by that action, and I could submit.

The error message with that was quite undescriptive (and retrying was not going to solve the issue).

Velu_R
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I am also facing same issue. Couldn't able to post in the Talend Community and getting same error message.

Below is my question related to Talend Development.

Hi Team,

Could you please review below scenario and pls do needful.

"My requirement is I have a countries wise schema of Customer table in Oracle (Each countries has different oracle log in details but table name and columns are same). I have created context variables configuration context in talend for country A, country B and country C

Now I want to run jobs to load data of three countries customer table into talend by using context variable (first run customer A, next customer B and then Customer C) and my target is load three countries customer data into new Oracle Table.

I can able to run and show the result of each country data separately but want to know how to cumulative all countries information into my target oracle table."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please try to re-login talend community portal with your credentials and make sure you are online as a customer when creating a new post. Please keep me updated about your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

Velu_R
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Team,

Still facing same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Would you mind sending a private message on community to me with your username and password? I will take a testing from my end to see what happens.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina