Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can not create post

I am trying to create a post in the Development forum but it keeps on saying it can not create the post, and I have to try again. There is no javascript error, so WFT. (especially if you read this post)

Labels (3)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Reinier Battenberg​  I have just been pointed to your issue. This makes sense to me now. We are using Salesforce Community to host Talend Community. We have been experiencing some issues with formatted text copied from other websites. It turns out that if any unsupported HTML is pasted into the post the window, Salesforce HTML validation will not allow it. The way in which you have managed to post the information is exactly the way I have been recommending to people who have asked me about this.

This is not the final solution. I am trying to get this looked into by Salesforce, but you will understand that we cannot control their roadmap. In the meantime I will be looking at other workarounds to this issue.

@Xiaodi Shi​ thanks for bringing this to my attention

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Not defined Not defined​,

I suspect that your issue is similar to that of @Reinier Battenberg​. As I said to @Reinier Battenberg​, this is likely an issue with the HTML you are copying. Tables are not supported by Salesforce's HTML limitations. This is frustrating and I am talking to them about improving this. In the meantime if you get this issue and need to include an example table, could you take a screenshot and post it. I know it is not ideal, but it is the only way that will be supported at the moment. If you need to include usable data to help people fix your issue, you can include this in an attached file

Regards

Richard

Velu_R
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response. I am really appreciate Talend customer service to improve performance of community. As requested I have pasted below screenshot of what I have tried to paste in the Talend Community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Not defined Not defined​,

Can I ask you to log in to the Community and attach your images as attachments to a post? Unfortunately replying via email does not work as it should at the moment. I am looking into this issue (with the email). Sorry for the difficulty in working with this at the moment

Regards

Richard

Velu_R
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Sure. No problem. Do you need my credentials?

Thanks!

Regards,

Singaravelu R

Velu_R
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi 0693p00000AHEE8AAP.png

KM1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i am in a big problem,i want to create a simple talend(7.3) job to extract data from couchbase server and write to a output file,but getting errors etc.I signed in to this community just,but cannot find where to post my query,Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Any issues with formatted text copied from other websites when you are trying to create a post on community?

For your studio side, what's error message are you getting?

Best regards

Sabrina

raowaqasakram
Contributor III
Contributor III

Facing the same issue .