Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincent5
Contributor
Contributor

Command Line is deprecated ?

Hello,

I am studying the migration of our talend V6.4.1 to version V7.2.1 and, it is indicated that the component "Command Line " is "deprecated".

Does this mean that it is no longer used in this version ? It is integrated in the product ?

Regards,

vincent

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The doc you are referring to is a bit confusing. You can use Talend CommandLine, but that is optional. you can migrate using just the Studio as described in the section "Migrating projects". 

Talend CommandLine offers the same functionality as Studio, without the GUI. Talend CommandLine application is optional not obsolete in development environment.You can read more about the development lifecycle here: https://help.talend.com/reader/Zpzt_P_L6RrGuFyEnxwwqw/2k0AVr4ZbjZQZOwuRr4bMQ

With your use case,

1. You can migrate from V 6.4.1 to 7.2.1 without issue. 
  2. You should install commandLine if needed for the migration. It is only deprecated for server mode.

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The doc you are referring to is a bit confusing. You can use Talend CommandLine, but that is optional. you can migrate using just the Studio as described in the section "Migrating projects". 

Talend CommandLine offers the same functionality as Studio, without the GUI. Talend CommandLine application is optional not obsolete in development environment.You can read more about the development lifecycle here: https://help.talend.com/reader/Zpzt_P_L6RrGuFyEnxwwqw/2k0AVr4ZbjZQZOwuRr4bMQ

With your use case,

1. You can migrate from V 6.4.1 to 7.2.1 without issue. 
  2. You should install commandLine if needed for the migration. It is only deprecated for server mode.

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

vincent5
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

thank you very much for your explanations and the link you gave me is very interesting, I did not know him.

The answer satisfies me, I can close the request.

Regards,

Vincent