Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBristow
Creator
Creator

CommandLine - Missing jar files - 6.4

We are upgrading from 6.1 to the Big Data Platform  6.4.

Our INT/DEV environment upgrades fine. I compile/generate a job from SVN and have no issues.

In QA, the upgrade works fine, but we're having an issue generating the exact same job in QA from SVN. It appears that when the Commandline is building the work space, not all jars are being extracted as they are in INT. When I look in the workspace .Java/Lib folder I see 9 jar files populated. In QA only 5 jar files are pulled - and thus when I attempt to compile a job we error out with missing jar files.

Something is stopping the Commandline in QA from properly building. 

Any thoughts on what could be happening? Maybe a log file to look at that I'm missing?

I'm almost certain this is a setup issue on our end - not a Talend issue - but I need some directions on how to resolve it so we can get our jobs fully built and deployed on the 6.4 platform. (FYI - we have a workaround as we can build locally and deploy the zip - so this is a 100% Commandline issue on the TAC)  

Thank You!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JBristow
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution: The "Artifact Repository" configuration settings were green and we were connecting and building basic jobs fine. What we missed after the upgrade was that the "User Libraries" was RED. This configuration setting also references NEXUS and apparently was preventing all jar files from being pulled down on a generate operation. Once that was correct and green; we restarted our commandline and generated the job and all was successful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check you TAC and Nexus setup for the artifacts.  Do you have multiple Nexus, one per environment?

JBristow
Creator
Creator
Author

One Nexus for all environments. We're connecting fine in the TAC - no issues or errors.

I've narrowed the issue down to the tSendMail component - as the missing jars are the mail and activation jar. We use this component in a common sub job for error handling. Remove that sub job and the jobs compile fine. Add it in and it fails. What really puzzles me is why one environment works and one doesn't. It just doesn't pull in the jar files for that component when generating the jobs.

JBristow
Creator
Creator
Author

Success - kind of.

I found a knowledge article that identified the .M2 repository as containing the jars and did a compare against my INT environment and QA. Sure enough...I was missing a lot of jar files relating to the tSendMail component - and a few others. The .M2 repository should be built properly on the first start up of the CommandLine - but for whatever reason it failed to load everything in QA. My "workaround" was to copy the repository from INT over to QA; restart the CommandLine...and now my jobs compile successfully.

So while it's working - I'm still not clear why is didn't load everything. But it's working. 🙂

JBristow
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution: The "Artifact Repository" configuration settings were green and we were connecting and building basic jobs fine. What we missed after the upgrade was that the "User Libraries" was RED. This configuration setting also references NEXUS and apparently was preventing all jar files from being pulled down on a generate operation. Once that was correct and green; we restarted our commandline and generated the job and all was successful.