Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwilkinson1665370444
Contributor III
Contributor III

Configure SSL for connectivity to Snowflake

Hi All,

I am trying to establish connectivity to snowflake using a RSA key(.p8 file). However, Talend requires a keystone configuration to establish the connection.

I need help on steps to generate a keystone from a private RSA key(.p8 file). All solutions I've seen on the net require a cert which I do not have access to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

JW

Labels (5)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a tSetKeyStore component in talend, which is used to set the authentication data type between PKCS 12 and JKS.

The below link is very helpful in understanding the SSL certificate setup(Steps to create RSA key, self-signed certificates, keystore, and truststore for a server):

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/347116/how-to-create-keystore-and-truststore-using-self-sig...

Hope it helps for your use case.

Best regards

Sabrina

jwilkinson1665370444
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I skipped step 1 since I already have a RSA key(.p8 file). Running step 2 is giving the following error

0695b00000WwLQOAA3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I don't see the full error message from your screenshot.

Are your steps to create RSA key, self-signed certificates, keystore, and truststore for a server or client?

Best regards

Sabrina

jwilkinson1665370444
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For snowflake connectivity, I have the RSA key, I have to put that key in a keystore

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it OK with you to convert RSA keystore to jks keystore and then add the Certifying authority certificate and Client certificate to the trust store?

Best regards

Sabrina

jwilkinson1665370444
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I was able to find the commands to do the same. I just had to generate a pem file and do a key tool insert, but thanks for the help

ASonaji1668195652
Contributor
Contributor

Hi., Can you provide the step you did., Thanks