Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjj
Contributor
Contributor

Could not initialize class oracle.jdbc.driver.DynamicByteArray

Can anyone help with this?

Using the latest TOS (7.3.1.20200219_1130) on MacOS Catalina.

I'm connecting to Oracle databases (mostly 18c) using SID. The connections usually work, but the 'Guess schema' button is nigh on useless and I get the following error regularly:

0693p00000AcF0TAAV.png

I'm using the latest build of OpenJDK as my Java home, and it has all the necessary drivers available. Talend downloads and installs OJDBC 19.3.0.0 in its own M2 repo.

I used Talend almost exclusively in a role a few years ago and have been fighting to get my current employer to allow it to be used for a year or two now. This is my first 'use' of it since finally getting the thumbs up, and if it turns out as buggy/unusable for others as it has so far, it'll get swiftly rejected as a concept because it's almost impossible to get anything done.

Does anyone have any experience/advice? I've tried a complete delete and reinstall already.

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What's your JDK version? Can you please take a look at this installation guide to check if you are using compatible operating system and Java ennironment.

Regards

Shong