Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

Error starting Studio on new PC

I cannot get past the login screen. I see the error below in workspace/.metadata/.log. I am using Talend-Studio-20190620_1446-V7.2.1-0. I checked the cloud connection and it seems fine, see image. I can start Studio without an issue on my old PC with the same parameters. Please help.

0695b00000fIeuTAAS.png

!SESSION 2023-03-28 16:12:22.723 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_291

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2023-03-28 16:12:43.797

!MESSAGE 2023-03-28 16:12:43,793 INFO org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginProjectPage - validate updatesite...

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2023-03-28 16:12:44.720

!MESSAGE 2023-03-28 16:12:44,719 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - Studio can't access the resource from server, please check the resource url.

!STACK 0

org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Studio can't access the resource from server, please check the resource url.

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.client.AbstractClient.getUpdateRepositoryUrl(AbstractClient.java:890)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.services.RemoteService.getUpdateRepositoryUrl(RemoteService.java:47)

at org.talend.core.nexus.TalendLibsServerManager.getSoftwareUpdateNexusServer(TalendLibsServerManager.java:202)

at org.talend.core.tis.updatesite.NexusUpdateSiteManager.getUpdateSitesToBeInstall(NexusUpdateSiteManager.java:128)

at org.talend.core.tis.service.CoreTisService.needUpdate(CoreTisService.java:476)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper.isStudioNeedUpdate(LoginHelper.java:387)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginProjectPage$20.run(LoginProjectPage.java:1434)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginProjectPage$20.run(LoginProjectPage.java:1)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.OverTimePopupDialogTask$1.call(OverTimePopupDialogTask.java:76)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: Studio can't access the resource from server, please check the resource url.

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.RestUtil.getResponseText(RestUtil.java:282)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getResponseText(AbsCommonRestApi.java:984)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getUpdateRepositoryUrlResult(AbsCommonRestApi.java:742)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getUpdateRepositoryUrl(AbsCommonRestApi.java:735)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.client.AbstractClient.getUpdateRepositoryUrl(AbstractClient.java:853)

... 10 more

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Nico Zigouras​ ,

Could you please check if you have installed any studio patches in the folder {studio home}/patches under the old PC?

If yes, please copy the patches files to the same folder under the new PC and restart studio?

Best regards

Aiming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Talend studio 7.2.1 version was very old, it has already reached end of life, and it is not compatible with Talend Cloud, for more information, please read this documentation page.

Please contact Talend Support and upgrade your products.

Regards

Shong

nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't see any patches/ folder.

nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You released the 7.2 product only three years ago. You should still be supporting it. It works on one PC it should work on another.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Nico Zigouras​ ,

I tried to create a cloud connection in the talend studio 7.2.1 and it's working fine in my side as the below.

0695b00000fIoSoAAK.pngAs a test, could you please unzip a new 7.2.1 studio folder to re-try?