Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing Remote Engine and Remote Engine Gen2

Hi there,

I'm using a Talend Cloud Data Integration license and I would like to install a Remote Engine and a Remote Engine Gen2.

Reviewing the Talend Documentation, I understand they are focus on different purposes:

- Talend Remote Engine: to run data integration jobs natively from cloud to cloud, on-premises to cloud or cloud to on-premises completely within customer's environment for enhanced performance and security.

- Talend Remote Engine Gen2: to run Data Pipelines (i.e. data flows designed using Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer) allowing you to have control over your execution environment and resources as you are able to create and configure the engine in your own environment. 

At this point, the question is: Is it possible to install both (Remote Engine and Remote Engine Gen2) in the same server? Knowing it should be a Linux server because it is the one compatible with the Gen2 type.

Or having two separated servers (one for installing the Remote Engine and another one for installing the Remote Engine Gen2) is mandatory in this case?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
1 Reply
pllopis8
Contributor
Contributor

Any help from anyone to this?