Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Metadata area could not be written issue

Hi All,

I was using Talend 6.3.1 previously and recently upgraded and installed Talend 6.5.1

However when I tried to open the pogram it was giving me this error and would not allow me to continue:

The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Talend\Talend-Studio-V6.5.1\workspace\.metadata. By default

the platform writes its content under the current working directory when the platform is launched.

Use the -data parameter to specify a different content area for the platform.

Can somebody help me where did I go wrong with the installation?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, the C:\Program Files folder is locked down by windows and you need special administrator access to read/write to it.  

You should move your workspace to a different folder outside the C:\Program Files folder.

There will be an ini file in the Talend-Studio-V6.5.1 folder similar to the executable you are running.  In that ini file, you can specify -data with the path to your new location for your workspace.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, the C:\Program Files folder is locked down by windows and you need special administrator access to read/write to it.  

You should move your workspace to a different folder outside the C:\Program Files folder.

There will be an ini file in the Talend-Studio-V6.5.1 folder similar to the executable you are running.  In that ini file, you can specify -data with the path to your new location for your workspace.