Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Metadata area could not be written issue

Hi All,

I was using Talend 6.3.1 previously and recently upgraded and installed Talend 6.5.1

However when I tried to open the pogram it was giving me this error and would not allow me to continue:

The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Talend\Talend-Studio-V6.5.1\workspace\.metadata. By default

the platform writes its content under the current working directory when the platform is launched.

Use the -data parameter to specify a different content area for the platform.

Can somebody help me where did I go wrong with the installation?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, the C:\Program Files folder is locked down by windows and you need special administrator access to read/write to it.  

You should move your workspace to a different folder outside the C:\Program Files folder.

There will be an ini file in the Talend-Studio-V6.5.1 folder similar to the executable you are running.  In that ini file, you can specify -data with the path to your new location for your workspace.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally, the C:\Program Files folder is locked down by windows and you need special administrator access to read/write to it.  

You should move your workspace to a different folder outside the C:\Program Files folder.

There will be an ini file in the Talend-Studio-V6.5.1 folder similar to the executable you are running.  In that ini file, you can specify -data with the path to your new location for your workspace.