Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple local connections or workspaces

Hi,
My team and myself are using Talend Open Studio 6.1 DI on a remote machine.
I am not sure of how they have installed Talend on this remote box but we end up seeing the same workspace.
Hence when one team member accesses Talend the others get a message that the workspace is already in use.
Someone suggested creating individual workspaces for each team member. But again when I access the Manage Connections I see only on local connection and I am unable to add new connections. See below screenshot.
0683p000009MDK5.pngIs this a limitation of the Community edition? Is there anyway I can overcome this limitation.
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Actually, talend open source don't provide users with "Remote" feature.
With Talend Subscription version,  we have integrated SVN in Talend which
works as a server role, all the items including jobs, routines, metadata etc are stored in remote SVN server, instead of the local.

If you are looking for team work, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Talend Data Integration functional architecture
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure that answered the question. I remember creating multiple work-spaces in 6.1.1 DI and am now facing this same issue. Why is the option of adding new Local (Not Remote) connections not present anymore? Community Edition? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This remote workspace will be locked by the first person who use it. So you won't be able to work at the same time with a coworker on this workspace.

Best regards

Sabrina