Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Network is unavailable, please fix it - update stuck to 0 %

I'm using Talend studio for Big Data 7.1.1 on Windows 10, with the proxy of  my company.
It started with "network is unavailable,please fix it" and with "Download and install third party libraries" disabled or grayed.
In windows->preferences -> proxy I manually entered the proxy in HTTP/HTTPS entries (proxy.namecompany.domain) given by administrator and also the authorization(user and password).

It's 40 minutes that is running and the update is stuck at 1%.

Someone has ideas ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @xdshi,
still the libraries are being downloaded in a slow way.
All required libraries have been downloaded and I'm encountering problems with Thive Connection

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

anyone please? reinstalled Talend 7.1, checked permission on folders and gave "full control", created a tethering network with my phone (so there isn't the problem of proxy)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Our apologies for the inconvenience. 

Talend-update.talend.com was actually suffering from an unavailability and we are actively working on fixing it. Could you please try it again to see if it is OK with you now?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It started to update until 26%, then the progress bar disappeared.
I went again in help-> install additional packages and the window
said that miss
-required third party libraries (47)
-optional third party libraries (1786)
like he didn't download nothing. 
I re-click on finish and the bar progress appear, but completes in a very fast way but checking again "Install additional packages" gives the same dialog.

Retried with Tethering connection from my phone, same error.
re-cap : Windows 10, Talend for big Data 7.1.1, network with proxy downloaded until 26%
              Now it does not download, progress bar completes in a blink and no module have been installed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

quick reply : re tried now, it didn't change
thom_321
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Any news about this issue?
It's very frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

The nexus server availability is OK with us. Please try to install external libraries manually from Talend Modules view, download this jar from nexus server and then install it from Talend Modules view. Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Installing external libraries into studio automatically is still not working now. So far, more work is required to have talend-update.talend.com working properly. 

The last issue which remains is near to be addressed. A team of people from Talend worked actively on producing a solution to get rid of the situation. We’ll keep you posted. 

Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @thom_321 @newAtTalend 

We deployed the last patched version of the nexus hosting talend-update.talend.com on Friday and do not ring any alarm on our side and tests done did not trigger any issue on our side.

Could you please try to install Additional Packages to see if it is OK with you from your end?

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We'll keep you updated on this issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've launched this morning the "install additional packages" , the "required libraries" have been downloaded(47) but for "non required libraries (optional)" has retrieved 1770, went to 7% and then blocked.
re-launched and it counted 1550, now is downloading, but the speed is slow from your repository.

My company network has 2ms ping, 200 MB/s download, strange that is slow to download jar that are between 120 kb - 2 mb.

I hope that in 2 hours all libraries have been installed...
Federico

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @xdshi,
still the libraries are being downloaded in a slow way.
All required libraries have been downloaded and I'm encountering problems with Thive Connection