Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToTalend12345
Contributor
Contributor

Preview Error. Some settings must be changed. Note Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.

Hello - I need help with Talend. I cannot even preview my metadata file as I get this error. I am using jdk1.8.0_241\bin. My path variables are set to this as well as my JAVA_HOME and I still get this error. How can I fix this?

0693p00000BBAQ2AAP.png

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It is Oracle JDK or open JDK? v6.4.1 was an old version, I am sure Open JDK is not a supported Java environment for v6.4.1.

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If this issue is not related to environment, please check your metadata file as well to see if another metadata file is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

GHL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I need help on the same issue in creating metadata from CSV:

my Talend Studio: 7.2.1.20210129_0922-patch

Java: jdk_1.8.0_291

path:

Please help!

Thank you,

Gene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it Oracle JDK or open JDK? Please check your current metadata file to see if another metadata file is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

GHL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sabrina,

it's Oracle JDK. There are metadata files created by others from other systems in it and are fine. It's the problem in creating metadata file from my studio.

Thank you,

Gene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This issue can reproduce with any file you try to preview?

I have seen the same issue reported before, it is probably caused by the studio installation. Could you show the installation path of studio?

If the installing got corrupted, It is recommended to reinstall studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

GHL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sabrina,

Studio is installed in "C:\eclipse\Talend-Studio-20190620_1446-V7.2.1". The studio seems working fine for all activities, I'm able to create jobs, routes etc. and run them fine. The only issue is the "preview in creating metadata file".

Thanks,

Gene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio for big data V 7.2? Could you please try to reproduce this issue on talend open studio V 7.3 with a short installation path,such as, C:\TalendInstalltionPath

Best regards

Sabrina

GHL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Babrina,

I don't have open studio.

thanks,

Gene