Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshsteve
Creator
Creator

R2023-01 Studio Update Not Working

Hi.

I am trying to upgrade Talend Studio version 8 to the latest R2023-01 release (licenced version). However, the upgrade is not working.

It is going through the cycle of downloading the update and restarting Studio, but when relaunching a project I am not getting the option to migrate the project, and when Studio loads, the Feature Manager still thinks I haven't installed the latest patch. See screenshots below showing that Studio still thinks the update is available.

0695b00000cgpPNAAY.png 

0695b00000cgpPcAAI.png 

0695b00000cgpN3AAI.png 

Is anyone else having an issue with the update feature through Studio?

Is this update broken?

I have run this update three times now and it still thinks I haven't upgraded.

Thanks

Steve

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for raising this @Steve Williams​. Can you please raise this with Support. They will be able to help here.

Cindywhitney
Contributor
Contributor

First of all make sure this things. Try once with this steps if this works for you.

Check system requirements: Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the latest release.

Backup data: Backup all your project data, metadata, and configurations before updating the studio.

Uninstall old version: Uninstall the previous version of the studio.

Clean up workspace: Clean up the workspace directory to remove any residual files from the previous installation.

Download latest version: Download the latest R2023-01 release from the Talend website.

Install the latest version: Install the new version following the installation instructions.

Restore data: Restore the backup data to the new installation.

Troubleshoot: If the upgrade process fails, check the log files for any error messages and troubleshoot accordingly. UPSers

welshsteve
Creator
Creator
Author

Apologies for the delayed response, I've been on leave.

Hi @Leslie Power​  Thank you for your reply.

However, we've never had to do this before, and all previous upgrades have worked absolutely fine.

I do not think this is necessary. Why would system requirements for studio suddently change for an interim update?

It is also not very practical to uninstall and re-install the entire studio just to apply an update.

I am going to report our issue to support.