Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevar
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Engine in Studio - Monitoring Port

Hello,

I'm trying to run a job in Talend Studio using my Remote Engine.

The engine is installed on a Windows server in AWS.

I have allowed port range 8000-9000 in the AWS security groups for that instance.

Talend Studio sees my engine and I can select it to run a job, but then it errors with :

Execution failed : org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: The remote server has closed the connection, if the remote JobServer is 5.x the monitoring port is required, please ensure you the monitoring port configured for host '52.65.97.37' is reachable, else upgrade your JobServer 5.x to 6.x could avoid this issue.

I have just recently installed Talend Studio and Remote Engine from Talend Cloud, so I'm pretty sure they are all at the latest version. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thx,

Nevar

Labels (4)
1 Reply
nevar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I thought I found the issue and that the MONITORING_PORT needed updating in org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.cfg, unfortunately that wasn't it.

Seem likes my FileInputDelimited and DBInput work fine in the RE, however, when I try and run a job with FileInputExcel, the message box shows "Setting classpath containers" and "Export POJO", hangs there for a few seconds and then fails with the message in the first post.

My suspicion is that that perhaps the RE cannot open the Excel file for some reason (not permissions). Maybe library files? Any ideas?