Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS DI 6.4 installation doesn't work on OSX El Capitan

I'm trying to install TOS DI 6.4 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 but can't seem to figure out what's going wrong.

I just downloaded the zip from here, unzipped the package then tried to launch TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app. Talend doesn't launch, and instead I get an error popup with a reference to the attached log file full of errors.

In case this is useful, I'm using jenv to manage my java versions, and my global configuration points to jdk oracle64-9.0.1.

Any hints are appreciated!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for replying.

In fact I just managed to fix the issue, simply switching to java 8 did not actually work, I had to edit the Info.plist file under the .app package, and uncomment the vm tag to make it point to the java 8 binary. This is apparently a macOS only issue when there're multiple jdk versions installed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried launching the executable under the .app package from terminal and I get the following error:

Version 1.7.0_80 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version: 1.8 or greater is required.

java -version returns the below:

java version "9.0.1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)

echo $JAVA_HOME returns:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home

and jenv versions returns:

system
  oracle64-1.6.0.41
  oracle64-1.7.0.80
  oracle64-1.8.0.151
  oracle64-1.8.0.45
* oracle64-9.0.1 (set by /Users/alayouni/.jenv/version)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

So far, oracle java 9 is not list on compatible java environment.

Please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java environments.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for replying.

In fact I just managed to fix the issue, simply switching to java 8 did not actually work, I had to edit the Info.plist file under the .app package, and uncomment the vm tag to make it point to the java 8 binary. This is apparently a macOS only issue when there're multiple jdk versions installed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great, your issue has been fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina