Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Installation Error On Windows 10

Hi Guys,

Please I need your help; I have never used any Talend product before now, but I'm having to install and use it for work. I have a Windows 10 Enterprise Ver 20H2 that I'm trying to install the Talend Data Studio software on. However, at the point where it asks to "Click Button to Upgrade", I get the error displayed in the attachment...

Please, all suggestions will be appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This shows that Java 18 is still being used.

0695b00000UxsqdAAB.png 

I noticed that your bat file was created with the "bin" folder missing at the end of the path when you created a bat file to start Talend. This will need to be added.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you are using an unsupported version of Java for this. You will need a v11 JDK for Talend. Also, which version are you using? Are you using Talend Open Studio or does your company have a license with us?

As a tip, for Talend Studio you do not need to "install". You can simply download the ZIP version of the product and unzip it into the location you wish to use it.

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nope. I have both Java JDK 18.0.2 and JDK 11.0.16.1 on my computer. Ver 18.0.2 is needed for other programs.

I have Talend-Studio-20190620_1446-V7.2.1 (.zip) which my employers (Maryland SHA) is licensed for.

0695b00000UxoiVAAR.png

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Also, I wasn't trying to use "install" in the real sense of the word. Anyway, when you double-click an .exe file in Windows, you are literarily installing it, even if it doesn't place any binaries or keys in your registry.

After unzipping to the desired location (C:\Talend), it does start up and gives me the sign-in page. After verifying the license as 'valid', it prompts to click the "Update" button; it is after this step that it reports the error found in: C:\Talend\Talend-Studio-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\workspace\.metadata

Anonymous
Not applicable

The logs show that Talend is picking up the JDK 18. This means you need to adjust your settings or specify the correct JDK in your startup.

The JAVA_HOME variable should not have multiple paths.

You can create a batch file to start Talend and use a specific version of Java. This is demonstrated here....

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-open-studio-for-esb-windows/specify-another-jvm-to-launch-studio

This guide on working with multiple Java versions may be of use as well.....

https://www.manusobles.com/posts/multiple-java-versions-windows

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OK. Thanks for the prompt response though. However, I made the .bat file and d/clicked after editing it. I received this error:

0695b00000UxpH1AAJ.png

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I read on this site to place my jvm.dll in this path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.16.1\bin\server

...that is where I have it.

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Done all over again after I editing the JAVA_HOME value to: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.16.1

Also removed the old zipped Talend folder, performed the unzip again, and relaunched the Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.exe executable.

After verifying/validating the license, it prompted me to click the update button. Took a while after this, then returned the error message below:

0695b00000Uxq6xAAB.png

YomzieOdusote
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears you are missing the "bin" directory at the end of the path. This is where the executables sit.