Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lennelei
Creator III
Creator III

Using a LDAP authenticated Git

Hello,

I've installed a 6.4.1 Talend Big Data Plateform.

Our company is using a LDAP authenticated Git server, I wanted to plug Talend users on it.

I created a standard Git user (not LDAP authenticated) for the server configuration.

TAC users are not LDAP authenticated (yet).

When I configure Git for a user with its Git LDAP account, it seems to fail.

When I configure Git for a user with the standard Git user made for the server configuration, it works.

Is the Talend Big Data Plateform able to authenticate with LDAP authenticated Git account?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Alexis

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please take a look at this new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-17710?

Best regards

Sabrina

lennelei
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

thank you for the link. Does this mean that our 6.4 version is not able to use a LDAP authenticated Git?

I just need to know if this is possible or not to determine what is causing our connections issues.

Best regards.

Alexis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Alexis,

You are able to use LDAP with Git authentication however you will have to have the git username set as a LDAP field because not until 6.5.1 and 7.0.1 will you be able to leave both the git username and password to be filled in by the user when the studio is launched. 

Thank you,

Evan