Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

connect talend to azure data lake store

Dear community,

I notice there is a section on the talend website to connect to azure data lake store. I want to do a simple test and see if I connect to azure data lake store and upload some date. I am following the steps in https://help.talend.com/reader/Sm466hmdh~Y~2GehtIo6xw/6tEZDas0IOzvyMUDEfx0HQ .

In "Configuring the HDFS components to work with Azure Data Lake Store" , step 7, one is asked to select the version in tHDFSoutput . I do not see something like "azure data lake " there (only cloudera, hortonworks, apache,...) . What should one pick there?

If like in the tutorial we add a library "hadoop-azure-datalake-2.6.0-cdh5.12.1.jar", I assume this means we should pick cloudera CDH5.12?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I fixed this myself... 

For me it was possible to either use the cloudera or hortonworks version.  I did have one new question regarding the steps described in https://help.talend.com/reader/Sm466hmdh~Y~2GehtIo6xw/GF904L29UmSgV4kB~xCuAQ . In "Configuring the HDFS components to work with Azure Data Lake Store" step 8 it is mentioned to use adl://my_app.azuredatalakestore.net for the namenode URI. I got unknown host errors when I did this and it worked when I used the full name of my azure data lake store. Is this possibly an error in the documentation??

Thanks for feedback!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for posting this issue here.

We have reported your issue to our documentation team and will keep you posted.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We have created a DOCT jira issue on talend bug track about your issue and it will be fixed as soon as we can.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Best regards

Sabrina