Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] HELP - Problems with installation

Followed the instructions in the INSTALL file, but all I get is Studio crashing when it's finished it's splash screen initialisation. I've tried with the latest v5.5 and the previous v5.4.2 (as plugin was v5.4). Can anyone help, all I want to do is transform lat/long to eastings/northings, and maybe other GIS stuff if I can get it working.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorted, something wrong with the workspace, had to delete it all, and now reconstructing the project
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, still have problems. Got the Geo toolpanel thingy, and now just trying to use it. I want to take a point coordinate and convert it from lat/long to british national grid (EPSG:27700). I've thrown in a mapper and I'm adding a variable in the middle:
GeometryOperation.PROJ(new Geometry("POINT(" + row2.latitude + " " + row2.longitude + ")"), "4326", "27700", null)
But when I test this I get "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:". Looks like a basic installation problem. Running SDI 5.4 in Talend ESB 5.5.1, and have installed GDAL core components ("gdal-111-1600-core.msi") and environment variable set, Windows 7 Platform.
Please help - thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, still have problems. Got the Geo toolpanel thingy, and now just trying to use it. I want to take a point coordinate and convert it from lat/long to british national grid (EPSG:27700). I've thrown in a mapper and I'm adding a variable in the middle:
GeometryOperation.PROJ(new Geometry("POINT(" + row2.latitude + " " + row2.longitude + ")"), "4326", "27700", null)
But when I test this I get "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:". Looks like a basic installation problem. Running SDI 5.4 in Talend ESB 5.5.1, and have installed GDAL core components ("gdal-111-1600-core.msi") and environment variable set, Windows 7 Platform.
Please help - thank you.

Found out that adding a sGeomTxtInput writing out to a sShapefileOutput added the necessary background code references (found in another post). It's messy, but it works, and as a a service it only writes the file once.