Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prbrganguly
Contributor
Contributor

tLobDownload

I download the tLobDownload custom component for MEDIUMBLOB type data transfer fgrom Oracle to Mysql database and after installation it was not appearing at palette , then I paste the tlobdownload folder at C:\barnava\TOS_DI-Win32-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_7.3.1.20200213_1003 folder , then tlobdownload is appeared at palette , but after successful running no file is transferring from oracle to mysql database .

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you following up this online documentation to install this custom component?

TalendHelpCenter: How to install and update a custom component

As the third party custom components on Talend Exchange are written by talend community members, we don't have the source code of these components.  It is the ownership of the person who built it. Feel free to contact the author Jan Lolling.

Best regards

Sabrina

prbrganguly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sir, As per your guidance I installed the following ways but tLobDownload does not appear in the palette. (1) After download of tLobDownload package in store at custom_component folder of D drive . (2) From *preference > talend > component* I select the folder (3) Apply and then close the *Component* pop up menu (4) Then after restarting talend it is not appeared at Palette (5) Then I delete the "*ComponentCache.javacache*" at \configuration\ComponentCache.javacache , then I restart talend (6) Again I repeat the procedure . Thanks Prabir
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will make a testing on V 7.3.1 and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I made a testing on V 7.3.1 and this component tLobDownload appears in the palette. Make sure that studio can browse your custom component directly without any sub folder.

<Talend\custom_component\tLOBDownload>-->OK

<Talend\custom_component\tLOBDownload-1.2x.x.x\tLOBDownload>-->KO

0695b00000N1JhrAAF.png0695b00000N1JhSAAV.png

prbrganguly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI xdshi, Your V 7.3.1 by default accepts tLOBDownload without any installation as custom components ? I tried several times to install tLOBDownload as per directives , but after installation not appearing at palette.My version also same
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I also need to download it from the following location firstly:

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%... and then unzip it and paste the folder into <Talend\custom_component\tLOBDownload> without any sub-folder.

Where is your dedicated directory(custom_component)? Is your custom component directory correct?

Best regards

Sabrina

prabirTalend
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I also download from same site the I put it at C:\barnava\dump\tLOBDownload\custom_component ,folder after UNZIP no progress . If you suggest me what type of changes is required at the xml/javajet file or any other of tLOBDownload .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From your description, it seems your custom component directory is not correct. tLOBDownload folder should be subdirectory and under <Talend\custom_component>

The dedicated directory should store all custom components, for example D:\custom_component\.

Please take a look at my screenshots for details.

0695b00000N1YPOAA3.png0695b00000N1YPEAA3.png0695b00000N1YP4AAN.png

Best regards

Sabrina

prbrganguly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina, Thank you I got the tLOBDownload from palette .Many many thanks to you . Please if you suggest any information regarding this , because I have to transfer the blob data from Oracle to Mysql as MEDIUMBLOB. Thanks Prabir