Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

QlikView App: Send Data In QlikView Alerts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView App: Send Data In QlikView Alerts

Last Update:

Sep 20, 2022 1:59:53 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Oct 11, 2015 5:07:51 AM

Attachments

This example has been produced to accompany the blog post Sending Data In QlikView Alerts

There is a Qlik Sense version of this solution here: https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/send-data-from-qlik-load-script/

This application demonstrates how alerts e-mails can be sent when a certain criteria is met.  It also takes this concept further by showing how the CONCAT and AGGR statements can be used to construct a string from a number of expressions, which can then be used as the body of the email.

The blog article gives further details and explanation on how this works and how to implement it in your own applications.

Please also see my other uploaded Qlik apps and tutorials https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/examples/

Steve Dark

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Labels (6)
Comments
mahieuphilippe
Creator
Creator

Thanks for the job and the information 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to go to the QMC and then to System / Setup and then Mail Server.

The settings here should mirror what you have in desktop.  There is the option to test the settings, which is well worth doing to ensure you have things set up correctly.

venkat1
Creator II
Creator II

mailcheck.png

i am getting this error after the reload, may i know how to over come from this error ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I presume that this dialog is appearing in QlikView Desktop? You can change the mail server settings in here under Settings \ User Preferences \ Mail.

It looks like you need to change the Authentication Method, probably to AUTH LOGIN (depending on the mail server).

I'm guessing that you are mostly wanting this to work from the QMC Task Scheduler rather than manual reload? If this works (it will use the same mail settings as task failure alerts) then you can either copy the SMTP settings from QMC into Desktop, or turn off Desktop alerts by un-ticking Interactive Mode in the Alert settings.

Hope that helps.

venkat1
Creator II
Creator II

My requirement is to send the daily sales alerts to the group of users,i had given the valid smtp details and tried to check by reloading the application , then this error is appearing.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The SMTP configuration is not correct in QlikView Desktop.

If the same credentials work from the task scheduler then the difference will be the user account - so the service account is authorised to send via that server but your user account is not.

If this is the case simply turn off the sending of alerts from Desktop in the alert settings, here:

2019-03-29_09-49-08.png

KumaRan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stevedark/All

my requirement is, i need to display some information to the user when ever they open application.i achieved this in alert box.but i want to give some hyperlink in that message so that user can click on that and it will navigate to some other page.

can you suggest me how can we achieve this?

note:it is not mandatory that we have to use alert box option.

Thanks

Kumaran

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Hi @KumaRan, This sounds more like a job for a Text Object. These can have customised messages on them, dynamic links to external sites and the ability to show and hide conditionally. If you are not sure which sheet a user will land on then you will need to create a linked object from the Text Object on every sheet. From the Text Object you can use Actions to direct to another page and to modify the show condition to hide the text box. Hope that helps?
KumaRan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stevedark,

Thanks for your response.already i have tried with text box in some landing page .but my user needs information  as pop up text and in that text he wanted to keep hyperlink. Is it possible to keep hyperlink in alert box and make it as interactive?

Note: i have kept hyper link in alert box.But it is not redirecting to some URL

Thanks

Kumaran

KishoreSuri
Creator
Creator

Hi Steve,

We have a requirement of sending E-mail Alerts.

We have 10 Qlikview Applications and will reload all the apps N number of times in a day(it depends on issues reported) , which means , no schedule for reloading Apps.

Hence, we want the E-mail alert once reload completes with all the Apps reload status in a single E-mail.

Please suggests.

Thanks,

Kishore S

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-09-20 01:59 PM
Updated by: