Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RYu1672768452
Contributor
Contributor

How to connect Talend to Cloudera(in Azure)?

Hi Experts,

So I am trying to connect Talend to our Cloudera cluster which is currently on CDH 7.2.15.

I believe mainly we are trying to connect Talend to access the hive tables that exist in our Cloudera cluster which is in Azure.

I tried to create a JDBC connection in Talend, it says the test connection is successful, but not sure what I am doing wrong as I am having issues creating a talend job to access hive.

Thanks,

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Richmond Yu​ ,

Could you please provide the talend job execution log so that we can do more investigation on it?

Thanks

michael254
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

To connect Talend to Cloudera in Azure, you can follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have the necessary access and permissions to connect to the Cloudera cluster.
  2. Install the Cloudera JDBC driver in Talend. You can download the driver from the Cloudera website.
  3. In Talend, create a new database connection and select "Generic JDBC" as the type.
  4. Enter the connection details for the Cloudera cluster, including the JDBC URL, username, and password. Make sure to specify the correct JDBC driver class for the Cloudera driver.
  5. Test the connection to ensure that it is successful.
  6. Once you have established a successful connection, you can create a Talend job to access the hive tables in the Cloudera cluster. You can use the "tHiveInput" component in Talend to read data from the hive tables.
  7. Configure the "tHiveInput" component with the necessary connection and query details to retrieve the data from the hive tables.
  8. Execute the Talend job to retrieve the data from the hive tables in the Cloudera cluster.

I hope this helps you connect Talend to your Cloudera cluster in Azure. Let me know if you have any further questions or issues. Dashboard Anywhere Hub