Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoffeeAndBacon
Contributor
Contributor

Job failure notification permissions

Hi everyone,

My team is in the process of moving to Talend Cloud and we're trying to set up receiving error notifications when a task fails. I've been able to figure out that if I give a user group permissions Management Console - Operations - Manage and Management Console - Engines - Manage then the user will be able to go to their preferences and select "Task execution has failed (all tasks within account)" as an option, and that's great, means everyone will get the relevant notification when a job fails.

However, this also means that users will have access to the remote engine and all the permissions that come with that, creating, deleting, editing etc. This presents a risk as only a select few people should have access to the remote engines. If I remove the

Management Console - Engines - Manage permission from the user group though then the option to see all failed tasked within account also disappears, and the user is only able to receive notifications for their own jobs.

Is there a way to enable "Task execution has failed (all tasks within account)" as an option, whilst not allowing the user to access the engines? Apologies if this doesn't make sense or is in the wrong place, i'm brand new to Talend Cloud so i'm stumbling around in the dark at the moment!

Appreciate any help given

Thanks!

0 Replies