cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mehdi_Mhedhbi2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Taledn Studio Can't Reach TMC

Hello every one, lately I have been trying to set up talend cloud for a client but without success.

The studio can't reach the TMC , i got an error saying PKIX path building failed.

The client is using a proxy 

• The error persist even when i add the proxy parameter in the .ini file (host,port,username,password)

I found this solution in the community but didn't understand how I can add  the CA certificate into the cacert used by Studio. ? 

https://community.talend.com/s/article/How-to-solve-PKIX-error-when-Studio-connects-to-Talend-Cloud-Lw4Aw

any help please  ?

More infromation :

1.  everythink work fine when the proxy is desactivated .

2.  i added the needed URL to the proxy settion : https://help.talend.com/r/jMvTWWxeL2qWTRVhbS_AkA/25m9RK57WKW~f68rAc614w

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Mehdi_Mhedhbi2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

am i asking the wrong question ?

Afoster1677824530
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Mehdi_Mhedhbi2,

It seems like you are encountering an error while trying to set up Talend Cloud for your client. The error message you mentioned indicates that the PKIX path building has failed, which is often caused by a missing or incorrect certificate. Since your client is using a proxy, this might be causing issues with establishing a secure connection.

The solution you found in the Talend community is suggesting that you add the CA certificate into the cacert used by the Talend Studio. You can try the following steps to add the CA certificate:

1. Download the CA certificate from your client's proxy server. You should be able to get it from the server administrator or the documentation.
  2. Locate the cacerts file used by the Talend Studio. The file is usually located in the "<Java_home>/lib/security/" directory.
  3. Open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the directory containing the cacerts file.
  4. Run the following command to add the CA certificate to the cacerts file:
  5. keytool -importcert -alias <alias_name> -file <path_to_certificate_file> -keystore cacerts -storepass changeit
  6. Replace "<alias_name>" with a name for the certificate and "<path_to_certificate_file>" with the path to the downloaded CA certificate file.
  7. Restart the Talend Studio and try connecting to the TMC again.

This should add the CA certificate to the cacerts file used by the Talend Studio and allow it to establish a secure connection with the TMC through the proxy.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions!

www.checkmyrota.com