Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ran
Contributor III
Contributor III

API Keys

hi,

i saw that i need to generate api key every couple months and if i dont generate the Qlik data transfer wont load my 

Data from the DB and make the qvd.

there is an action that will  automate generate new api key  or other solution?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Ran,

An API key could expire much later as per you needs, I have not see any way to automatically generate it, although I have not yet check Qlik CLI, it might be worth to do so.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Ran ,

as @Albert_Candelario said, you can use the qlik-cli to write scripts that generate new keys at regular times, before the old one expires. Please check https://qlik.dev/toolkits/qlik-cli/api-key/api-key-create . The new key will need to be created before the old one expires.

Here's an example:

Daniele_Purrone_0-1692347235620.png

The new key is listed in the "token" section.

If you prefer not to use the qlik-cli you can actually use API keys to generate new API-keys 🙂: we have a QlikFix video that shows how to do that. You can also run the calls via Qlik Application Automation on a regular schedule.

Of course, once an old key expires, you will need to modify existing connections to use the new key.

Please note: there is a limit of 5 active keys per user. Expired keys do not count for this limit. If needed you might need to delete unused active keys.

Also please not that the maximum expiration time for a key is one year.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Ran,

An API key could expire much later as per you needs, I have not see any way to automatically generate it, although I have not yet check Qlik CLI, it might be worth to do so.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Ran ,

as @Albert_Candelario said, you can use the qlik-cli to write scripts that generate new keys at regular times, before the old one expires. Please check https://qlik.dev/toolkits/qlik-cli/api-key/api-key-create . The new key will need to be created before the old one expires.

Here's an example:

Daniele_Purrone_0-1692347235620.png

The new key is listed in the "token" section.

If you prefer not to use the qlik-cli you can actually use API keys to generate new API-keys 🙂: we have a QlikFix video that shows how to do that. You can also run the calls via Qlik Application Automation on a regular schedule.

Of course, once an old key expires, you will need to modify existing connections to use the new key.

Please note: there is a limit of 5 active keys per user. Expired keys do not count for this limit. If needed you might need to delete unused active keys.

Also please not that the maximum expiration time for a key is one year.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.