Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onkar_Kulkarni
Employee
Employee

Automation to convert QMC chained tasks (on-premise) to Qlik cloud Application automations

Hi all,

I am working on a SaaS migration project, my customer has 200+ QMC chained tasks in their On-Prem Production environment. Is there a way to convert these tasks into Qlik application automation? some of the tasks have up to 5 levels/hierarchy, so wondering if there is any efficient solution for this requirement.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Onkar_Kulkarni ,

I'm afraid there is no built-in functionality for that.

You might be able to extract task data from the QSR and build some scripts that create corrisponding automations via API-calls or the qlik-cli, but it would be a quite garguantuan operation, since you'll also have to match the cloud app ids to the client managed ones.

Surely, "manual" is the quicker way. Or you can engage our professional services to help you with the process. 

If you have suggestions on what to improve, do not hesitate to log an idea.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Onkar_Kulkarni ,

I'm afraid there is no built-in functionality for that.

You might be able to extract task data from the QSR and build some scripts that create corrisponding automations via API-calls or the qlik-cli, but it would be a quite garguantuan operation, since you'll also have to match the cloud app ids to the client managed ones.

Surely, "manual" is the quicker way. Or you can engage our professional services to help you with the process. 

If you have suggestions on what to improve, do not hesitate to log an idea.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Onkar_Kulkarni
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks @Daniele_Purrone for your reply.

I agree, looks like manual is a faster way to create QAA. 

I have also posted an idea to see if we can support this requirement going forward.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @Onkar_Kulkarni !