Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Failed to import app 403 Forbidden

I am trying to push a binary file from Qlikview to Qliksense Cloud. But get following error when do full file:

Error: Cloud Native (documents): Failed to import app xxxName.qvw to engine. Exception: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden).

However, if I reduce the data before pushing it to cloud it is successful. So I dont believe it is permissions related. Could it be the size of the full file. I have loaded App Analyzer, but it doesnt provide data for the failed/ing process as it executes.

I am attaching the failed and successful log file.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@Adev a qvw can expand 4-6 times when loaded into memory, and this is what is causing the issue: you are going beyond capacity
As suggested by @Albert_Candelario you should load the document into QlikView Desktop and check in the task manager the in-memory size.

You might consider uploading qvd files instead, since they are optimised for in-memory usage, but you still might need to split the data into separate tables and store those to qvd.
You can also consider dedicated capacity as an alternative.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Adev , what's the file size? What happens if you upload the same file manually to Qlik Cloud, instead?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Adev ,

The error message you are encountering suggests that the import process is being blocked by the Qlik Cloud. However, it also mentions that reducing the data size resolves the issue, which suggests that the size of the file may be a contributing factor.

What is the size of the QVW when been opened in QlikView Desktop? Analyse the qv.exe process and check the highest memory allocation value, not only the one when it has been fully opened.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Adev
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Daniele_Purrone the file size if 1.4 GB. When I place the file with curl, I get:

<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>

These are one of our smaller models. What should the approach be to move binary models from on-premise to the cloud.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@Adev a qvw can expand 4-6 times when loaded into memory, and this is what is causing the issue: you are going beyond capacity
As suggested by @Albert_Candelario you should load the document into QlikView Desktop and check in the task manager the in-memory size.

You might consider uploading qvd files instead, since they are optimised for in-memory usage, but you still might need to split the data into separate tables and store those to qvd.
You can also consider dedicated capacity as an alternative.