Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexJ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Migrating mashups from Qlik Sense on-prem to to Qlik Cloud

Hi!

I am no Qlik expert at all, hoping for understanding if it is not the right place to ask this question.

We are moving to Qlik Cloud. I try to migrate mashups we used to have  on prem Qlik Sense to host somewhere else as Qlik Cloud does not support mashups as it lacks devhub if I understood correctly.

Have checked the documentation, but still would be very much grateful if anyone could help with the following:
1) Do we really need a webserver to host those mashup files, they seem to be static files that can be put in AWS S3 + Cloudfront?
2) Is there any good guidelines for migration, instead of putting into iframes or creating simple apps like https://qlik.dev/embed/integrate-web-apps/mashups-authentication-cloud

Thank you!

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @AlexJ!

The route you choose will depend on what mashups you have today. Do you know what you are currently using?

If it's iframes, or the capability API examples created via the dev hub, you can host these in S3 (you might want to pair with cloudfront for SSL) as they are indeed static (containing at most client side javascript). You will need to review the methods you're using for capability APIs, as there are some differences as per https://qlik.dev/embed/embed-capability-apis/capability-apis-reference

If you're doing things with Nebula, Enigma, etc, then you'll need to think a little more about what solution you're trying to build.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @AlexJ!

The route you choose will depend on what mashups you have today. Do you know what you are currently using?

If it's iframes, or the capability API examples created via the dev hub, you can host these in S3 (you might want to pair with cloudfront for SSL) as they are indeed static (containing at most client side javascript). You will need to review the methods you're using for capability APIs, as there are some differences as per https://qlik.dev/embed/embed-capability-apis/capability-apis-reference

If you're doing things with Nebula, Enigma, etc, then you'll need to think a little more about what solution you're trying to build.

AlexJ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions,  @DaveChannon ! It turned out we had iframes, with some javascript I managed to host them in S3.

But it is such a headache that there is no clear guidelines with how-to for the migration of  mashups (or at least I could not find).

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Awesome, pleased to hear that @AlexJ!

Thanks for taking the time to come back with the update - and I understand your feedback on migrations. It's a topic that's on my list to look at this year.

Out of interest - what are you using for auth in your iframe solution? And do you use any url flags in the iframe (e.g. to hide/ show selection bar, make selections, etc)?