cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwynkfinal2
Contributor III
Contributor III

MySQL Connection Timeout Troubles

We've recently moved over to Qlik SaaS Enterprise. We run a loop that pulls data from 60 odd MariaDB/MySQL databases using the Qlik SaaS data gateway system.

Some of these sites experience power outages, so the script is set to Error Mode = 0 to prohibit the scripts from breaking when a connection times out.

However, since moving to SaaS, these connections won't time out, so some of them will get stuck for 50 minutes until I have to kill the data load.

I've tried some forum suggestions and manually set the timeouts using MySQL timeout strings to the connections, to no avail.

Is there any way to force MySQL connections to timeout on SaaS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @alwynkfinal2 I was referring to your statement about your data source "MariaDB", that the Qlik MySQL Enterprise connector officially does not support it (even though it might have worked for you).

Please open a Support case if you have any doubts so that we can investigate further and get more clarity.

Best regards

Qlik Support

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Marcus_Spitzmiller_0-1670852979321.png

The MySQL connector has a query timeout parameter.  are you saying this is ineffective?  

Alternatively, maybe have a look at Qlik Application Automation.  There is a template called reload apps in parallel and has various timeout settings available.

alwynkfinal2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

I'm running the query through the MySQL Direct Access Gateway - I've attached a portion of the script.

It loops through 60 databases in script - so application automation won't work for this specific case.

The connections never time out - mostly because I think Qlik first "connects" to the gateway and then does the external connection, so it doesn't pick up that a connection failed, and so it runs indefinitely.

Might be a bug?

alwynkfinal2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Marcus_Spitzmiller,

Is there a live support or online support person I can contact to work these things out? Using Qlik SaaS feels like I've downloaded a piece of software made by someone in a garage. I need to go through hundreds of forum posts and articles and piece together solutions for really basic functionalities that was present on Qlik Enterprise.

Instead of adding new features, why don't Qlik focus on getting the basics right, the items that was always there and worked fine?

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @alwynkfinal2 ,

If your data source is MariaDB, then the Qlik MySQL Enterprise connector does not support that connection, only connections to specific MySQL Enterprise Edition versions are supported.

For more information please have a look in here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/MySQL/...

In case of any further doubts please feel free to open a case with us.

Thank you and best regards

Qlik Support

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

@alwynkfinal2  did you open a support case? It will be great to collect some logs and see what exactly is going on. 

alwynkfinal2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andreas, it does work though, so not sure what you mean by supported, its just the timeout function that doesn't happen.

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @alwynkfinal2 I was referring to your statement about your data source "MariaDB", that the Qlik MySQL Enterprise connector officially does not support it (even though it might have worked for you).

Please open a Support case if you have any doubts so that we can investigate further and get more clarity.

Best regards

Qlik Support