Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corentin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Cloud SFTP connector returns Error

Hi community,

I'm trying to connect to an SFTP server with the Qlik Cloud SFTP connector wich returns me an error :

Failed: The connection was closed by the server. Make sure you are connecting to an SSH or SFTP server.

The same connection works fine on Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Which is surprising with the Cloud connector is that a public key or at least a fingerprint is needed :

The following parameter validation errors were found: publicKey: You should enter a value for exactly one of the following: Host Public Key (base64 encoded),Host Public Key fingerprint (SHA256 base64 encoded).

I never had to give any public key which is enclosed in the private key.

Corentin_0-1697033952156.png

Corentin_1-1697034020053.png

Any idea please ?

Many thanks !

Corentin

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Corentin 

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please review this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-create-an-SFTP-data-connection-in-a-Q... 

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

Another possibility is that there could be a mismatch between the algorithms available in the connector, the algorithm used for the fingerprint, and what algorithms may be supported by the SFTP server. The Cloud SaaS SFTP connector doesn't necessarily support the same algorithms as on-premise Qlik Sense Enterprise client-managed. For example, when RSA is selected in the Cloud connector, it may try to use RSA with SHA-256 hash, not RSA with SHA-512 hash. (An RSA key can be used with one of these signature algorithms, including SHA-1 hash.) The server might be using rsa-sha2-512. So, the RSA algorithm option in the connector might not correspond. You could try to enable rsa-sha2-256 on the server (if needed) and use the rsa-sha2-256 algorithm for the fingerprint, and test with the "RSA" option in the connector. Or, try switching to another algorithm in common.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. That is a requirement for Qlik Cloud connection.
2. The setting would make things more secure.
3. Please review the required items for the SFTP from Qlik Cloud.

Help Site link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/C...
Corentin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I thank you Ray, I began with the connector's documentation before asking here and as you can see on my screenshots I filled all mandatory fields. Even public fingersprint.

✔️Host
✔️Port
✔️Public key algorithm
✔️Public key finger print (SHA-256 base 64 encoded)
✔️User Name
✔️Private Key file
✔️Private key passphrase

All those informations make the connection runs perfectly on Qlik Sense onPrem. (but public fingerprint which is useless on prem).

But i ensure you : I filled public key (or fingerprint I tried both) and I get "Failed: The connection was closed by the server. Make sure you are connecting to an SSH or SFTP server." message with Qlik Qloud SFTP connector.

Can you help ?

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Corentin 

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please review this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-create-an-SFTP-data-connection-in-a-Q... 

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Corentin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Vinay_B !

Many thanks !

Yes I still have an issue establishing the connection. I had a quick look at the link you posted and it seems to be helpful.

I'll  try it asap and be back to you.

Regards,

Corentin

Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

Another possibility is that there could be a mismatch between the algorithms available in the connector, the algorithm used for the fingerprint, and what algorithms may be supported by the SFTP server. The Cloud SaaS SFTP connector doesn't necessarily support the same algorithms as on-premise Qlik Sense Enterprise client-managed. For example, when RSA is selected in the Cloud connector, it may try to use RSA with SHA-256 hash, not RSA with SHA-512 hash. (An RSA key can be used with one of these signature algorithms, including SHA-1 hash.) The server might be using rsa-sha2-512. So, the RSA algorithm option in the connector might not correspond. You could try to enable rsa-sha2-256 on the server (if needed) and use the rsa-sha2-256 algorithm for the fingerprint, and test with the "RSA" option in the connector. Or, try switching to another algorithm in common.

Corentin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Andrew_Roy  and @Vinay_B  !

Once we got the right finger print it stil didn't work but ... we found that eu.qlikcloud.com's IP weren't added to the SFTP whitelist, then everything works perfectly now.

🙂

Corentin