Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishi_Revanth123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Send Excel Reports to users by Qlik Sense Automation

Hi People

My requirement is to share/send reports in excel format to users in QSE SaaS. Currently the only way is Qlik Sense Automation.

I already referred sending the SharePoint link to users by referring this [Qlik community by  ] (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Using-Qlik-Application-Automation-to-create-...if you open the link..,Image attached Figure 1 )

But it doesn't work for me.

Can you please share me the possible ways to share the reports in excel format?

--Nprinting not avail for Saas

--Currently Im sending PDF format of all sheets to users.

Thanks

Rishi RV

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rishi_Revanth123 

I cannot be sure what is causing the error - it usually suggests there is something wrong with the input.  Have you made changes to the variable blocks at all?

To answer your question, the limit is based on cells (not rows) and it is possible to attach multiple files to a single mail.  Are you trying to do dimensional cycling with a different report per dimension?

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original post

8 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Rishi_Revanth123 can you provide some more detail, @MattGrayndler could you provide some input?

MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

HI @Rishi_Revanth123 ,

When you say it doesn't work, what is the error you are facing.?  Since the automation was created some time back,  you need to check the block 'Create Sharing Link' and confirm the  'Expiration Date Time' is in the future.

I also have another version of this Automation that adds the Excel file as an attachment to an email - see that version attached. 

Rishi_Revanth123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MattGrayndler ,

error: Error calling endpoint "Microsoft Excel - Update Rows In Worksheet"   (I'm Facing this error now)

This error I'm facing now.(Pls refer Screenshot attached)

General Question

Error: Object data can't be bigger than 100.000 cells (General Doubt)

Ques 1    : Is that cells referring to number of rows.

Ques @2: Can we send multiple excel attachments in a single mail? (Important)

Rishi_Revanth123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MattGrayndler ,

error: Error calling endpoint "Microsoft Excel - Update Rows In Worksheet"   (I'm Facing this error now)

If I run the automation for any small straight table object(14 columns and 20 rows), then the automation works fine. but for big charts(700 to 900 rows and 43 columns)[Image attached] I'm facing the above error.(Pls refer Screenshot attached)

General Question

Error: Object data can't be bigger than 100.000 cells (General Doubt)

Ques 1    : Is that cells referring to number of rows.

Ques 2: Can we send multiple excel attachments in a single mail? (Important)

MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rishi_Revanth123 

I cannot be sure what is causing the error - it usually suggests there is something wrong with the input.  Have you made changes to the variable blocks at all?

To answer your question, the limit is based on cells (not rows) and it is possible to attach multiple files to a single mail.  Are you trying to do dimensional cycling with a different report per dimension?

Thanks

Matt

Rishi_Revanth123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MattGrayndler ,

No, I'm not doing dimensional cycling. My dashboard has lot small & big charts (Table box). I want to send some of important charts from different sheets to users. THATS MY REQUIREMENT.

Thanks for the support very much

Rishi RV

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi All,

I'm facing an unexpected error after a long time without any errors, see below:

/*****/

{
"error": "Error calling endpoint \"Microsoft Excel - Update Rows In Worksheet\"",
"endpoint": {
"name": "Update Rows In Worksheet",
"datasource": "Microsoft Excel"
},
"request": {
"url": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{\"@odata.context\":\"https:\\/\\/graph.microsoft.com\\/v1.0\\/$metadata#users('b21e7089-a407-4dd5-a2e9-0fea8b9a45cd')\\/drive\\/root\\/$entity\",\"@microsoft.graph.downloadUrl\":\"https:\\/\\/gammainformaticait-my.sharepoint.com\\/personal\\/a_gigliotti_gammainformatica_it\\/_layouts\\/15\\/download.aspx?UniqueId=c442ebee-12bc-465b-97fa-72c0ae496296&Translate=false&tempauth=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJub25lIn0.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.ckd5SEZiRUZUTk0rQVR5aVhLRVZKRi9icDBoam1wcGxCNHlhREpzS1FUdz0&ApiVersion=2.0\",\"createdDateTime\":\"2023-02-27T15:53:43Z\",\"eTag\":\"\\\"{C442EBEE-12BC-465B-97FA-72C0AE496296},1\\\"\",\"id\":\"01LJIOF7XO5NBMJPASLNDJP6TSYCXESYUW\",\"lastModifiedDateTime\":\"2023-02-27T15:53:43Z\",\"name\":\"report-F0E09168-74F3-4F76-BC25-1B4E1A62DF3F.xlsx\",\"w...",
"method": "PATCH"
},
"response": {
"body": {
"code": "CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT",
"message": ""
}
},
"external error": true
}

/*****/

until the block "Qlik Cloud Services - Get Straight Table Data"   there is no errors.

The error comes with the block "Microsoft Excel - Create Excel Table With Headers".

I can't understand what could be the reason.

Anyone could help here?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hello, if you want to do more. And I mean by more being able to deploy data to multiple target cell locations on multiple sheets, conditionally, then have a look at ancoreShare extension for Qlik Sense. It offers enhanced reporting and paginated report creation. Further it can offer exports that exceed Excel limitations-using ancoreScript (included). Best of all you do not need to build templates in Excel.

see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwAxi3--dR0

parkera_0-1713617836952.png