cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Test and Prod on one Tenant - how to catalog or create 'global' collections

Test and Prod Spaces were created to achieve this. When the same named app AABBCC is both in Test and Prod spaces, it is not easily distinguishable from home page. So I created a collection for Prod and collection for Test and added the respective app's to each. Each collection was added to my customised home page. And I have the following attached.

However this is not available to other users who have access to the same Test and Prod spaces. Each user therefore has to create the respective collections and add the necessary apps to each.

Is there a better way to achieve this globally. When and app is published to tag it to a global collection? Or do we need to catalog an app? Please advise. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Adev ,

at the moment we don't have global or shared collections indeed, there is an idea on the subject  that you might want to "like"so that it gets more weight.

In the meantime, maybe you could consider using tags instead? Users will have access to the tags for all the apps they are able to see, and they can be used to filter apps by tag in the catalog (using the All Filters option)

Daniele_Purrone_0-1679900085532.png

I hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Adev ,

at the moment we don't have global or shared collections indeed, there is an idea on the subject  that you might want to "like"so that it gets more weight.

In the meantime, maybe you could consider using tags instead? Users will have access to the tags for all the apps they are able to see, and they can be used to filter apps by tag in the catalog (using the All Filters option)

Daniele_Purrone_0-1679900085532.png

I hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.