Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirawan01
Contributor II
Contributor II

qlik cli app object change-owner is not working

Hi,

Our team has recently changed domain account eg from user@abc.com to user@xyz.com. This has caused some issues with the ownership as it creates new user IDs. I have managed to change the ownership of space, connection and apps over to the new user IDs, but have been unable to change ownership for unpublished objects. If I go to any of my app, I won't be able to see the sheet that I haven't published in My Sheet.  Example of one of the apps that is in development (no published sheet)

kirawan01_0-1695275740789.png

In an attempt to change the object ownership, I was following the instruction in this page: https://qlik.dev/toolkits/qlik-cli/app/app-object-change-owner/#qlik-app-object-change-owner but it doesn't look like it's working. Here's what I got:

kirawan01_1-1695276352370.png

Have tried this using other options for change-owner but all gave the same result.

The questions are:
Did I use this command correctly?
If yes, is this command still valid to use? If not, what is the alternative to change ownership of objects?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Karen

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @kirawan01 ,

I saw that you also opened a support case this morning.

Yes, it looks like the change-owner command is missing from qlik-cli , and we'll have to report it to the developers!
In the case I have provided possible instructions on how to use curl and API calls as a workaround, please let us know if it solves the problem.

My miss! You will need to upgrade the Qlik-cli to the latest version, which includes the command. Please let us know the outcome!

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @kirawan01 ,

As explained in the support case, I'm afraid we realised the documentation was not complete, and we are going to update it.
We should have specified that the API only allows changing of ownership on an owned, private object.
We're going to introduce in the future the opportunity to change any object (IM-4422), but we're not there yet.
Thanks for making us realise that the documentation needs to be improved!

For other customers that might need to change a domain, the recommendation is to change the users at the Identity provider's side instead of adding new users and having to migrate objects.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @kirawan01 ,

I saw that you also opened a support case this morning.

Yes, it looks like the change-owner command is missing from qlik-cli , and we'll have to report it to the developers!
In the case I have provided possible instructions on how to use curl and API calls as a workaround, please let us know if it solves the problem.

My miss! You will need to upgrade the Qlik-cli to the latest version, which includes the command. Please let us know the outcome!

Cheers!

kirawan01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help, @Daniele_Purrone 

kirawan01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I have updated my qlik cli to the latest (v2.23.0) and ran the command. Got this error 403:

kirawan01_0-1695341915072.png

What permission would I need to run it?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @kirawan01 ,

if you run:

qlik app object ls --app appID

are you able to see the object you are trying to change the owner for?

kirawan01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone

Yes - no problem running the ls command, only change-owner has the issue.

kirawan01_1-1695596180304.png

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @kirawan01 ,

As explained in the support case, I'm afraid we realised the documentation was not complete, and we are going to update it.
We should have specified that the API only allows changing of ownership on an owned, private object.
We're going to introduce in the future the opportunity to change any object (IM-4422), but we're not there yet.
Thanks for making us realise that the documentation needs to be improved!

For other customers that might need to change a domain, the recommendation is to change the users at the Identity provider's side instead of adding new users and having to migrate objects.