Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddykwan_
Partner - Contributor III

Access HUB via UDC ( Excel ODBC )

Hi guys,

I still can't figure out how to use my imported Excel Users.

I'll explain my point and I really hope that I'll finally get an answer.

I have a stream called : formation; those who have access to it, are the one with a customProperty :Employees.

+ I have a login license for my "Employees".

Now, if I import my LocalUsers through UDC: for example, I have a local user named OmarBS.

I'll add to OmarBS, the CustomProperty:"Employees".

Now, if a connect to the Hub with OmarBS, and enter its password; I will have access to my Stream: "formation".

Now, in the other hand, if I import users via Excel; how can I use them?

Let's suppose I imported 2 users with excel: omar1, omar2, each one has a post, an email etc..

What to do to make the omar1 see the Stream "Formation"?

How am I supposed to connect to the HUB with the omar1 to make him see the Formation stream?

I can assign to him the "Employees" custom property, and then what?

I can't connect with omar1 since the user does not exist; has no password etc.

I know that UDC is for authorisatio, the authentication is handled by the proxy etc.

But what's the point of importing the Excel users if I can't use them?

and How the Excel users access the HUB ?

I really hope that you do get my question ! I'm really in need of an answer..

Thanks,

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @eddykwan_ 

Qlik Sense does not do the authentication but rather verify the credential against the authentication system your virtual proxy is connected to. 

By default it's Windows but it can be ticketing, SAML,... 

So you will need to connect Qlik Sense to an authentication system able to authenticate the users created in your Excel file. 

See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Perhaps you will also find the following articles helpful:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/Hub-Authentication-with-Users-created-from-Excel... 
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Login-Access-without-Windows-AD/td-p/744633 

eddykwan_
Author

HI @Seanog_Murphy 

Thanks for the reply,

Now how can I access HUB from user without authentication?

Thanks

eddykwan_
Author

Hi @Seanog_Murphy 

No, I dont want using anonymous access but I think I want to access hub with username that I create before with excel odbc.

How can I access HUB with that username and what is the link I can access?

Thanks

eddykwan_
Author

Hi @Seanog_Murphy 

eddykwan__1-1652432820426.png

eddykwan__2-1652432907329.png

what I mean is How a user with the name Beni Gunawan can access the HUB like the user picture above?

Thanks

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @eddykwan_ 

UDCs provide attributes you can use in security rules, they do not perform authentication or authorization.  The proxy performs authentication to Qlik Sense, but it does not perform identity management.  Security rules perform authorization.

In order to login as Omar1 or Omar2 with a password, there needs to be an identity management solution that sits beside or in front of Qlik Sense to perform the identity verification process.