Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djt9006
Contributor
Contributor

Accumulation Month Over Month

How can I suppress the accumulation sum of a column for months that have not yet come.

For instance if the current month is April, how would I make sure that the accumulative total for the month of May, June, July etc. all show a total of $0.

Month

Sales

Accumulation

Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Labels (2)
14 Replies
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

Try this

=if(Month<=Month(Today()), Rangesum(Above(Sum(Sales),0,RowNo())),Rangesum(Above(Sum(Sales),0,sum(Sales))))

sandeepsingh_0-1682133704865.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @djt9006 

To see an alternative method of accumulating values please see this blog post:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-accumulate-values/

Using this technique you can have a separate dimension which you can then only create up to the current date. It has the advantage over the rangesum(above approach that it accumulates values ahead of what is selected in the chart.

Hope it is of interest.

Steve

djt9006
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately that solution does not work. Thank you for your time.

djt9006_0-1682336433611.png

djt9006
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for passing this information along. I am not at the stage where I can understand which part(s) of the solution I should use.

sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

You have to update your your sales expression field name with your sales field name in the data model. 

djt9006
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I created a Master Item that calculates the sum of Sales and named it "TEST". I substituted the word "Sales" in the code you provided me with TEST but I still received an error.

djt9006_0-1682338097026.png

Kushal_Chawda

@djt9006  two observations

1) Your month field in text format so, month comparison will not work, so try

=if( month(date#(Month,'MMM'))<= month(today()),.....

2) You cannot put aggregation function over master measure, just simply call master measure as [TEST]

So, your expression could be

=if( month(date#(Month,'MMM'))<= month(today()), Rangesum(Above([TEST],0,RowNo())),Rangesum(Above([TEST],0,[TEST])))

djt9006
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I still seem to get an error in expression message using that code.

Kushal_Chawda

@djt9006  the I would suggest replace 'TEST' with actual measure like 'Sum(Value)'

=if( month(date#(Month,'MMM'))<= month(today()), Rangesum(Above(sum(Value),0,RowNo())),Rangesum(Above(sum(Value),0,sum(Value))))