Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add single field on load to existing application

So I have an existing Qlik Sense application that I have already loaded data to and have created a whole bunch of charts for.  There is a field from an existing qvd that I need to add that I didn't have on my initial data load.  In other words, I only loaded 3 fields from a QVD for this application initially, but I need to add a 4th now.  I tried to add the field into the data load, but when I reload the data, the field is not showing up in the data tables.  What might I be doing wrong to add this field?  

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

can you share your data load script?

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

LOAD
sc_bu_out,
sc_bu_out_desc,
flag,
//scgroup1
FROM [lib://QVDs/sc.qvd]
(qvd)
where flag = 1;

so here's my script.  there are a lot of other fields in the sc.qvd that I did not originally load into my application.  The field scgroup1 is one of them.  I didn't originally think I would need the field, but I figured out later that I did.    if I un-comment the scgroup1 field and re-load the data, the field doesn't actually load.  

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately I ended up having to just start a new application with a new data load that included the new field that I needed.  I'd still love if anyone had an answer for this as I would hate to have to always start over if new data fields need added to existing apps